Help / Capture geographic coordinates
How to guides
- Key areas of Digimap for Schools
- About the maps
- Navigating in Digimap for Schools
- Map selector
- View map keys
- Capture geographic coordinates
- View the compass
- Measure distance and areas
- Add text
- Add markers
- Add lines
- Add photos
- Add shapes
- Add buffers
- Add your own data
- Delete drawings
- Modify drawings
- Save maps
- Print maps
- Map information
- View Geograph images
- Edit your preferences
Capture geographic coordinates
To find the coordinates for any point:
- Open Map Information in the sidebar.
- Select the Coordinate Capture button, see image below.
- Select any point in the map window.
- Coordinates of your point are displayed in the Map Information area, in this order: 1. British National Grid Reference (only when over Great Britain 2. Easting, Northing (only when over Great Britain) 3. Latitude and longitude degrees 4. Latitude and Longitude decimal degrees
To display British National Grid lines:
- Open the Overlays menu in the sidebar.
- Check the British National Grid box. NOTE: only available over Great Britain.
- Grid lines are displayed in the map window.
- Adjust the transparency of the grid lines by moving the transparency slider left and right.