How to guides
- Key areas of Digimap for Schools
- About the maps
- Navigating in Digimap for Schools
- Map selector
- View map keys
- Capture geographic coordinates
- View the compass
- Measure distance and areas
- Add text
- Add markers
- Add lines
- Add photos
- Add shapes
- Add buffers
- Add your own data
- Delete drawings
- Modify drawings
- Save maps
- Print maps
- Map information
- View Geograph images
You can save any map and retrieve it in your next Digimap for Schools session.
Select a folder to save your map
- Open the Saved Maps menu from the sidebar.
- First select a folder - select the text Saved maps (under the Save map button) to check for folders.
- Select a folder.
Save your map
- Now select the Save Map button (your destination folder is noted at the top of the Save box).
- Input a map title, class name and pupil name.
- Select Save.
- NOTE: if you have imported a file of locations, those locations and labels will also be saved with the map.
Retrieve a map
- Select any map from the list to open it in the map window.
- Remember that maps can be in different folders. Select the text Saved maps (under the Save map button) to check for folders.
Manage saved maps
- School staff with the 4 digit PIN can create folders for different classes or projects to save maps within, rename folders and delete old maps and folders.
Contact us if you can’t locate your school’s PIN.
- First select Unlock.
- Input your PIN.
- To create a new folder, select the New button.
- Input a folder name and select OK.
- To rename a folder, select the Rename button.
- Input a new name and select OK.
- To delete any map or folder, just use the trash bin button next to it.
Digimap for Schools and Cookies
to improve your experience using the service. This includes anonymised Google Analytics data.
We won't share your data with anyone else.