How to guides
- Key areas of Digimap for Schools
- About the maps
- Navigating in Digimap for Schools
- Map selector
- View map keys
- Capture geographic coordinates
- Overlay geographic references
- View the compass
- Measure distance and areas
- Add text
- Add markers
- Add lines
- Add photos
- Add shapes
- Add buffers
- Add your own data
- Delete drawings
- Modify drawings
- Save maps
- Print maps
- Map information
- View Geograph images
You can create A3 and A4 printable maps with our print tool. Legends are optional and provided as a separate PDF file.
Create your print file
- Select the Print tool from the top toolbar.
- Input a Map title (optional)
- Input your name (optional)
- Select PDF or JPG as format - note both formats look exactly the same.
- Select A4 or A3.
- Select Portrait or Landscape.
- Optional additions:
- Drawings - add your drawings to the print file.
- National Grid Lines - add British Natiaanl Grid Lines.
- Legend - add a separate PDF legend file.
- Select Generate Print File.
The Content Preview shows a small area of map content, to let you see the style of your print file.
The Layout Preview shows the area that will be covered by the print file (the rectangle shows the area that will be covered by an A4 portrait print file). You can drag the map in any direction to change the area covered.
Open and print your file
- Find your PDF or JPG file - the location will vary depending on your device’s setup.
- If you selected Add Legend, you will receive a zip file. This wil have 2 files in it - the print file and the legend file.
- Select either file to open.
- NOTE: when you print your map, ensure your print settings say Actual size to maintain scale.
Print file example
Here’s an image of an A4 portrait print file:
Digimap for Schools and Cookies
to improve your experience using the service. This includes anonymised Google Analytics data.
We won't share your data with anyone else.